Creation of trusted Login/username using stored pr

• Hi,

I am trying to create trusted login/username using some stored procedures. Can anyone help me figuring out the stored procedure to be used in successfully creating trusted login/user.

Thanks

Debasish

• Basically you have to add a login using sp_addlogin, then add the user to the database using sp_grantdbaccess. After that you need to add the user to whatever roles may be appropriate. Take a look at Books Online for these two procedures, they will point you to some of the others you will need.

Anytime you're trying to figure out how something is done, try setting up a test instance (I use personal or developer edition on my workstation) and use Enterprise Manager to perform the tasks while you profile. You could do this against your production server, but using a separate machine has two benefits - one is you're the only one generating traffic to it so you have less to filter/filter through to find what you need, and two, you don't have to worry about making changes to the server that could cause problems...easy to do when you're exploring.

Andy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply