Creating Stored Procedure to replicate the DLookup from MSAccess

• I have a Crosstab query I creaed in Access and I need to convert it to a Stored procedure or Sql Query that allows me to pass a varialbe (DLookup).

I need to create a method to calcuate the StoreCount by Fiscal Period, unfortunately Fiscal period can crossover months (ie. Fiscal Period = 1/1/04-2/5/04)  I currently have a Table that handles assigning the correct Fiscal period based on the date passed. FIscalCalendarDay(Table), CalendarDay, DateText, FiscalMonth(1/1/03).  I also need the data in a pivot format with the field names fixed.

This is my attempt in Access, unfortunately - crosstab queries do not allow you to name the fileds, and since the date range may change this is not an option.

TRANSFORM Sum(FCStoreCount.StoreCount) AS SumOfStoreCount

SELECT DLookUp("FiscalMonth","FiscalCalendarDaily","CalendarDate = Date()") AS CurrentFiscalPeriod, FCStoreCount.DemandSrcID

FROM FCStoreCount

WHERE ((DateDiff("m",DLookUp("FiscalMonth","FiscalCalendarDaily","CalendarDate = Date()"),[FCStoreCount]![FYPeriod])<1 And DateDiff("m",DLookUp("FiscalMonth","FiscalCalendarDaily","CalendarDate = Date()"),[FCStoreCount]![FYPeriod])>-12))

GROUP BY FCStoreCount.DemandSrcID

PIVOT FCStoreCount.FYPeriod;

This is my attempt at a SQL Query - again I can't use the GetDate() - I need to subustitute for the CalendarDay connection to pass the Fiscal period from the FCCalendarDAy table.

SELECT fcd.FCHdrID,

SUM(CASE Month(fcd.FYPeriod) WHEN Month(GetDate())                   THEN fcd.ShippedQty ELSE 0 END) AS CurrMonth ,

SUM(CASE Month(fcd.FYPeriod) WHEN Month(DateAdd( m, -1, GetDate()))  THEN fcd.ShippedQty ELSE 0 END) AS PrevMonth1 ,

SUM(CASE Month(fcd.FYPeriod) WHEN Month(DateAdd( m, -2, GetDate()))  THEN fcd.ShippedQty ELSE 0 END) AS PrevMonth2 ,

SUM(CASE Month(fcd.FYPeriod) WHEN Month(DateAdd( m, -3, GetDate()))  THEN fcd.ShippedQty ELSE 0 END) AS PrevMonth3 ,

SUM(CASE Month(fcd.FYPeriod) WHEN Month(DateAdd( m, -4, GetDate()))  THEN fcd.ShippedQty ELSE 0 END) AS PrevMonth4 ,

SUM(CASE Month(fcd.FYPeriod) WHEN Month(DateAdd( m, -5, GetDate()))  THEN fcd.ShippedQty ELSE 0 END) AS PrevMonth5 ,

SUM(CASE Month(fcd.FYPeriod) WHEN Month(DateAdd( m, -6, GetDate()))  THEN fcd.ShippedQty ELSE 0 END) AS PrevMonth6 ,

SUM(CASE Month(fcd.FYPeriod) WHEN Month(DateAdd( m, -7, GetDate()))  THEN fcd.ShippedQty ELSE 0 END) AS PrevMonth7 ,

SUM(CASE Month(fcd.FYPeriod) WHEN Month(DateAdd( m, -8, GetDate()))  THEN fcd.ShippedQty ELSE 0 END) AS PrevMonth8 ,

SUM(CASE Month(fcd.FYPeriod) WHEN Month(DateAdd( m, -9, GetDate()))  THEN fcd.ShippedQty ELSE 0 END) AS PrevMonth9 ,

SUM(CASE Month(fcd.FYPeriod) WHEN Month(DateAdd( m, -10, GetDate())) THEN fcd.ShippedQty ELSE 0 END) AS PrevMonth10 ,

SUM(CASE Month(fcd.FYPeriod) WHEN Month(DateAdd( m, -11, GetDate())) THEN fcd.ShippedQty ELSE 0 END) AS PrevMonth11 ,

SUM(CASE Month(fcd.FYPeriod) WHEN Month(DateAdd( m, -12, GetDate())) THEN fcd.ShippedQty ELSE 0 END) AS PrevMonth12

FROM FCDetail   fcd 

GROUP BY fcd.FCHdrID

Any and all assistances is greatly appreciated.

Karen

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Hm, this http://www.rac4sql.com is a frequently referenced tool to help make the move from Access to SQL Server with respect to such issues. Maybe it helps a bit.

You can assign the correct Fiscal Period to a variable within your stored procedure and use this variable in the further processing or you can also have a UDF that returns the appropriate Fiscal Period from your table.

--
    Frank Kalis
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    Webmaster: http://www.insidesql.org/blogs
    My blog: http://www.insidesql.org/blogs/frankkalis/[/url]

• I'm not sure what your question is.  Is it how to pass in the date?

This is how you create a procedure with a parameter:

create proc usp_MyNewProc @myDate dateTime as

In your select statement, substitute @myDate for getDate().

Hope this helps,

Kathi

Aunt Kathi Data Platform MVP
    Author of Expert T-SQL Window Functions
    Simple-Talk Editor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply