Creating A SQL Server 2008\2008 R2 Failover Cluster

• GRE (Gethyn Ellis) (1/19/2011)

Perry

Does your tutorial cover setting up the cluster on VMware workstation 6.5? if it does please can I take a peek please.

Thanks

Gethyn

Hi Gethyn

yes Workstation will be fine as long as it supports FreeBSD Linux VM's, which I'm sure it does. In any case VMWare Server is totally free, you just need to register for a free serial key

Regards

Perry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• TurnerC (1/19/2011)

Hello,

Can I receive a copy of the VMWare Server\SQL Server 2008 install.

Currently our site has a clustered 2008 R2 sql server instal built by a third party vendor and we are experencing huge network problems. The cluster has two nodes (SQL1,SQL2) with SQL2 being the active node and SQL1 being the failover node. We are recieving the following erros and user are unable to access the database at certain times of the day. We are at the mercy of the vendor o help us resolve the issue however they are not providing the proper resources to help us resolve the problem.

I would like to evaluate the Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit and see if the installation has been performed correctly. Any help or guidance on this situation would be great.

Cluster network name resource 'SQL Network Name (XXXXXXSQL)' failed registration of one or more associated DNS name(s) for the following reason:

DNS signature failed to verify..

Hi

message me your email address and i'll send the doc. Alternatively depending on your location, i am available on a contract basis if you require someone outside of the vendor to look at the issue

Regards

Perry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Anyone have any strong opinions(pro or con) about using mount points for drives? Example:G: has programs, G_01(mount_point) data, G_02 (mount point) logs. The two mount points would be added to the G: drive with separate resources in the cluster.

• we've been doing it for years and after a while it's a big pain in the a**. not that they are not stable but a pain in the a** to keep track of where everything is.

• Very nice article. Just in time for me because I will be installing 4 node cluster next month. How can I get the instruction on VMware with sql cluster? Thanks.

GWviper

• Thanks for the article Perry.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Chris Mathews (1/20/2011)

Anyone have any strong opinions(pro or con) about using mount points for drives? Example:G: has programs, G_01(mount_point) data, G_02 (mount point) logs. The two mount points would be added to the G: drive with separate resources in the cluster.

mount points are perfectly acceptable!

• CirquedeSQLeil (1/20/2011)

Thanks for the article Perry.

Thank you Jason

• I would be interested in the VMWARE documentation as well.

• Could you please send me tutorial for the VMWare Server\SQL Server 2008 install? thanks you.

• Perry

I would appreciate if you please send me a complete tutorial of “Creating A SQL Server 2008\2008 R2 Failover Cluster”.

Thanks

Baqir

• Excelent article.

I am Interested in complete tutorial for the VMWare Server\SQL Server 2008 install, please how can I get it

• Hello,

Can I receive a copy of the VMWare Server\SQL Server 2008 install.

thank you.

• VmWare is free so is hyper V.

iSCSI controiller sw you can get it from Ms

• can you please post the config instructions for the VMWare environments? thanks bk

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply