Creating a 2 Node SQL Server 2008 Virtual Cluster Part 1

• Not to worry,please ignore previous error messages encountered, I was able to complete successfully this module after some more trials and testing.

Will proceed to part 2.Thank you.

M&M

• Well done Mohammed.

This is article is designed to do exactly what has happened here. You've a deal more now haven't you 😉

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Thank you Perry. The article is cool and you could complete all of it easily just by referring the screenshots. Of course, if you hit any roadblocks you are there to help :-P.

I have one question though. I had configured all the steps in part 1 successfully, however, today after restarting my laptop I was unable to logon to the VMWare server home page. I am not sure what was the reason. I checked few things but I was unable to figure it out. So again, I started all over and now I am back to square one. Completed part 1 and going to start part 2 of series.

M&M

• mohammed moinudheen (10/8/2011)

today after restarting my laptop I was unable to logon to the VMWare server home page. I am not sure what was the reason.

did you check the VMWare services are running on the host machine?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Perry Whittle (10/8/2011)

mohammed moinudheen (10/8/2011)

today after restarting my laptop I was unable to logon to the VMWare server home page. I am not sure what was the reason.

did you check the VMWare services are running on the host machine?

Oops, no. I didn't check, that was easy. Guess you must to be referring to this one as I didn't find any other utility.

M&M

• the 3 services for Authorisation, Host and Web server access need to be started 😉

• Hi Perry,

Is it possible to run the exercise on VMWare ESXi 4.0?

• Peter Jin (11/7/2011)

Hi Perry,

Is it possible to run the exercise on VMWare ESXi 4.0?

The process differs a little, but yes it is completely possible. I run mine on ESX 😉

• Hey...this is a wonderful website buddy and an informative post!!! i am new here and i found this site very interesting and informative ,, you are a professional blogger i think i have a great interest in such things...thank you for the post buddy and keep on posting nice stuff like this 🙂

PMI-001

220-701

640-864

350-030

• Hi Guys,

I was trying to configure as per what its mention, the version that I have use seem a bit different company to the screenshot that is given for the freeNAS, can you please advise which version that you are using. I have downloaded FreeNAS-8.2.0-RELEASE-p1-x86.iso. First the setup scree are different...anyway, I have manage to configure the ipaddress and some setting..and I am able ot access the web via my host browser. Once I have login, it seem like the 'Disk' button are not available in my screen...after compare there are some other section are also not available as compare to your screeshot...pls advise

• This guide was written sometime ago and the software may well have changed since then. Check the Freenas docs or alternatively you could use a Windows 2008 VM with Starwinds iSCSI NAS\SAN server.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply