Created DTS in 2K need to run on v.7.0

• I've created a DTS in SQL2000 that isn't recognized by SQL7, in short, it won't run the job created in the SQL7 environment. Is there an issue here?

Joseph L. Sladek

Joseph L. Sladek

• My guess is that you are not running SP 3 on the 7.0 box. When you upgrade to that service pack, it will recognize the SQL 2K created packages.

Hope this helps.

David

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• Try saving the package with a password. This alleviates many problems.

Be sure you have not used any SQL 2K specific tasks. A number of new tasks are only supported on SQL 2K

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• I haven't used anything specific. I guess I can always go to the 7.0 machine and recreate the DTS there. But I'd rather not walk if I don't have to...

Joseph L. Sladek

Joseph L. Sladek

• If you are getting an error when you try to open it then, the only way to get past this is recreate the package on the 7.0 machine.

Steve mentioned saving with a password but, I have never had success with that either.

Hope this helps.

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• Nothing else seemed to work.

I had to recreate the package on the 7.0 machine...ouch. But at least the business is happy. Thanks all.

Joseph L. Sladek

Joseph L. Sladek

• Joe,

Just out of curiousity, are you opposed to upgrading to SP3?

There is much value to the upgrade and not just in the fact that DTS between 7.0 and SQL 2K becomes compatible.

David

@SQLTentmaker

• I'm not opposed to it, however the powers that be don't allow the application admin to make changes on the server, only to the application...so I've got to work around some of the office dynamics.

They see upgrading to SP3 as a system change and my hands are tied.

Joseph L. Sladek

Joseph L. Sladek

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply