Created availability group, but cannot connect to listener

• I have created an availibity group with 2 databases, across 3 servers.

ServerA is the primary server

ServerB is synchronous failover

ServerC is synchronous readonly copy of the data.

I created a listener called FirstAGListen, dynamic IP on a randomly picked (by me) port.

NOTE: I Did create the listener after i created the availability group, but i cannot see any problem in this.

I want to connect to the to my availability group databases via the Listener in both access and SSMS.

Although i can ping the listener, if i try to access it via excel (create new connection) or SSMS (connect to server) its like its not there.

Firewalls are all disabled.

i checked Active Directory and can see a computer has been created for the listener.

Anyone got any ideas what im doiong wrong here?

• winston Smith (4/22/2012)

I have created an availibity group with 2 databases, across 3 servers.

ServerA is the primary server

ServerB is synchronous failover

ServerC is synchronous readonly copy of the data.

I created a listener called FirstAGListen, dynamic IP on a randomly picked (by me) port.

NOTE: I Did create the listener after i created the availability group, but i cannot see any problem in this.

I want to connect to the to my availability group databases via the Listener in both access and SSMS.

Although i can ping the listener, if i try to access it via excel (create new connection) or SSMS (connect to server) its like its not there.

Firewalls are all disabled.

i checked Active Directory and can see a computer has been created for the listener.

Anyone got any ideas what im doiong wrong here?

Can you post the connection string you are using and the port number you have assigned

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Apologies forgot to respond on this. Resolved the issue. although I disabled windows firewall, norton was running ( dont ask!) . on disabling ( actually uninstalling) norton, everything worked fine.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply