create this query from access to sql

• HI.

i have this query in access database.

i created sql database. changed Access mdb to ADP

every thing is going great.

now i have to issues:

1) i want to migrate this query to sql. so i can view a report based on a field in a form.

this is the query. i am planning to transfer it as a view or stored procedures.

SELECT Job.[Store Name], Job.[Store No], Job.[SR Address 1], Job.[SR Address 2], Job.[SR City], Job.[SR State], Job.[SR Zip], Job.[SR Phone No], Job.[SR MGR / POC], Job.[SR Tracking No], Job.[SR Initiation Date], Job.[SP Company Name], Job.[SP POC], Job.[SP Office No], Job.[SP Cell No], Job.[SP Fax No], Job.[SP Notification Date], Job.[SP NTE], Job.Request

FROM Job

WHERE (((Job.[Tracking No])=[forms]![Job2]![Tracking No]));

2) i want users to be able to click on an email address in access and open outlook new message with the selected email address. it doesn't do it. and sometimes it open a web page.

Thank you in advance.

• Please see Eric Russells reply on your other thread. It's basically the same problem with the same solution. Just a different ACCESS form...

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• Thank you.

i did look at the thread.

But, i don't want users to enter any parameters.

it should generate automatically based on the open record.

• It doesn't matter how you define the variable in your WHERE condition. All that matters is that you need to use a variable instead of an direct link to one of your ACCESS form values. Get the value, store it in a variable, include it in your query. Should be all that's needed...

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• Sorry.,

i am fairly new in sql ad access.

how do i " Get the value, store it in a variable, include it in your query."?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply