Create Table DDL via TSQL

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Create Table DDL via TSQL

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Hi, thanks for the good article.

But i tried downloading the compressed file, but it did not download.

Regards.

• San_kan1gb;

I believe this article was reposted from the original~12 years ago, i'll see if i can recover the links. the proc has gone through a slew of changes since then..matching the created case of all objects, and a ton of improvements.

grab the code snippets form page 8 of this thread: it houses the most updated versions of this code.

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/get-ddl-for-any-sql-2005-table/page/8

there are things this code does not do, temporal tables , in memory optimized, partitioned tables, tables with custom data type names over 16 chars, and a few other exotics, like xml indexes.

let us know if you have any questions in that other thread.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  Lowell.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• I've downloaded those files and added them to the article in a zip file.

• I have tried to change the line delimiter to '<br>' but the output is not changing.

Is this possible to achieve?

• you'll want to change the definition of @VbCrLf from VARCHAR(2) to something larger, and like this, maybe?

and make sure it is not being re-assigned to CHAR(13) + CHAR(10) later.

you'll end up needing to cleanup theoutput with html entities code for greater than and less than, as well, but it should work.

DECLARE @VbCrLf VARCHAR(10) ='<br />' + CHAR(13) + CHAR(10)

Lowell

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply