Create Log

• Hi all,

I need to capture the counters information in a log file from system performance monitor.

Pls help me how to do that.

from

Killer

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

•       Use Administrative tools performance monitor and then go to Performance logs and alerts. Right click new log settings , name it and then add counts required. Logs will be saved to a opted current file.

I am not quite sure if your question is much clear, but to my sense above one is the answer.

• Raj,

I would like to add some more next to Yadu Krishna.  By default log file be created C:\PerfLogs and in binary format.  So if you want to have clear information what's there in the logs, then you can save the log file in .csv format and you can open in it excel.  For the first time you see different numbers and some metrics comes under exponential form.  Before running on Production or Devlopment, better you run and test on your own local instance and understand the counters at various levels, OS level and SQL Server Level. You might get much more info from this great SQL Server Central site.  Good Luck.

Mubeen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply