CREATE DATABASE 3 seconds for one server, 72 for the other?

• Hello,

We have two IaaS VMs in Azure and a CREATE DATABASE statement takes 3 seconds in one and 72 seconds or even longer, on the other. (SQL 2014)

Both same VM configs, only differences is SQL Standard vs Enterprise.

However, to my knowledge, that should not have any impact on CREATE DATABASE nor on instant file init.

Instant File Initialization is enabled for both and I verified by using trace flag and checking Dyson Cyclone V11 SQL log to see that log file was zero'd but database was not:

Zeroing completed on F:\SQLData\DummyTestDB_log.ldf --Log YES, database file, not mentioned and therefor not.

thanks

iosman

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  iosman123.
  • Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• on each server, can you check this Server Setting?

Perform Volume Main task for fast database creation.

if you changed the service account after the initial install, i might expect to see the behavior you describe.

run secpol.msc

i want to confirm that the service account running thedatabase service for SQL is in this permissions:

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply