Count Number of Words and Characters

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Count Number of Words and Characters

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes, winning is not an issue but trying.
    You can check my BLOG
    [font="Arial Black"]here[/font][/url][/right]

• Hello sir in your number of words count code, what is use of while block because it is done without using while block

• If I am not wrong, that while loop will never end.

• ra.shinde, you are correct, the while loop will never end. Besides from your first function you can derive the word count as well. See code below:

-- Number of specific Characters

Declare @aa varchar(100)

Set @aa = 'SQL Server 2005 Atif Sheikh A'

Select Len(@aa) - Len(Replace(@aa, ' ', '')) + 1

• WHILE loop is there by mistake (was testing something before posting it). Please ignore it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can check my BLOG

• i posted that solution years ago, you just copied it and messed it up, please delete it

• The Danish Dynamo (7/30/2010)

i posted that solution years ago, you just copied it and messed it up, please delete it

Really :w00t:? And how "messed up"?

You can check my BLOG

• Thanks for the script.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply