Corrupted Data Sources

• This is a problem that was disguised as something completley different, anyway, once it was figured out where the problem was this is what I found, and it's really Strange.

When I create a new DTS package in Enterprise Manager on the Server the OLEDB Connection does not display any databases in the list, and will not save as it does not recognize it's own server name. If a package is opend up that has been created from a Client, the connection properties allways displays 'dBase 5'. None of these problems occour on my remote Client, (everthing displays as it should). problem is when the server runs the job, it reads the package as if it was created on the server, i.e. with a dbase 5 connection instead of the SQL Server connection.

Can anyone please explain what on earth is going on ?????

• It sounds like you have an installation issue. I saw a similar post recently, search "dbase" and you should find it. Once this is up, it usually works, though I have had issues with individual pacakges. If all packages are having issues, I'd think the install is corrupt somewhere.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• couldn't find anything to relevent, so it looks like a complete re-install, or should I just rebuild the registry. It will take a couple of days to back up all the data first anyway.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply