Corrupt T-Sql Script

• Hi All,

I've wrote a T-Sql script last week, that this morning has decided to corrupt.

I know that I definately ran it friday... is there anyway to retrieve it using T-SQL?

I tried...

SELECT

deqs.last_execution_time AS [Time],

dest.TEXT AS [Query]

FROM

sys.dm_exec_query_stats AS deqs

CROSS APPLY sys.dm_exec_sql_text(deqs.sql_handle) AS dest

Where

(deqs.last_execution_time >= '2012-01-16 15:30:000' And deqs.last_execution_time <= '2012-01-16 17:10:000')

ORDER BY

deqs.last_execution_time DESC

But can't see it... Anyone got any ideas?

Regards
    ld

Stoke-on-Trent
    United Kingdom

If at first you don't succeed, go to the pub and drink away your current thought plan.

• without any auditing already in place, all you can do is prepare for it to happen again in the future.

http://www.ssmstoolspack.com/ has the free SSMS toolpack, and its "SQL History" feature has saved me once, in a similar situation: long script of code i was working on wasn't saved, then accidentally closed the window on it., but I was able to go to the history and recover it a couple of days later.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Queries don't stay available in the cache forever. If you ran it once and it had a low cost, chances are if there's any memory pressure on the system at all, it aged out of cache and it's gone.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply