Corrupt SSIS Package & Unsupported Error

• I am using the Community Edition of SSIS/Visual Studio. I find that my SSIS package can get corrupt, i dont know why. Is the Community Edition too sensitive? I am also finding myself with this error:

Unsupported
    This version of Visual Studio is unable to open the following projects. The project types may not be installed or this version of Visual Studio may not support them.
    For more information on enabling these project types or otherwise migrating your assets, please see the details in the "Migration Report" displayed after clicking OK.
    - IMETA BRACS Master Reference ELT, "C:\Users\Anthony.DESKTOP-ES5HL78\Downloads\ETL 42. IMETA BRACS Master Reference ELT_Copy\ETL 42. IMETA BRACS Master Reference ELT_Copy\IMETA BRACS Master Reference ELT\IMETA BRACS Master Reference ELT.dtproj"

Non-functional changes required
    Visual Studio will automatically make non-functional changes to the following projects in order to enable them to open in Visual Studio 2015, Visual Studio 2013, Visual Studio 2012, and Visual Studio 2010 SP1. Project behavior will not be impacted.
    - IMETA BRACS Master Reference ELT, "C:\Users\Anthony.DESKTOP-ES5HL78\Downloads\ETL 42. IMETA BRACS Master Reference ELT_Copy\ETL 42. IMETA BRACS Master Reference ELT_Copy\IMETA BRACS Master Reference ELT.sln"

I am using VS 2019 and it was updated two weeks ago. The packages that ran fine last week are giving me errors now. Please assist.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • That message usually appears when you haven't installed

Microsoft.DataTools.IntegrationServices.exe

after installing VS. However, as this worked for you after updating VS, I'm not sure what's going wrong now.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• The Data Tools are installed. I opened VS and then i opened the file folder and then select the package. This method worked for me.

• I would reinstall the SSIS extension - the data tools does not contain the SSIS extension.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply