Copy large number of backup files from one domain to other

• We need to copy 100 TB of backup files from one domain to other domain. This task can perform during the specific time period of the day. So, we need to schedule a job to run over a few days and also, the job needs to start on the second day from where it was finished last days. Let's say if we have copied 5 TB of backup and last filename is bak5 then next day job would start from next files name bak6 and so on.

Can anyone please help?

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• one possible way is to use robocopy - you can set multithread copy (for performance) and you can also set parameters to copy only newer or modified files - you can kick it off on a schedule and have another job killing it at the end of your window - next time it runs it will ignore what has already been copied.

• Thanks for your response. Would it be possible to explain with the example?

• Thanks everyone.

I am planning to schedule two jobs on a daily basis.

Start robocopy job to copy from source to destination using below command.

ROBOCOPY \\sourceserver\share \\destinationserver\share /MIR /MT:16

Second job will stop this job at specific time period.

But here is my question. Let's say i have 1 big file with 5 TB of .bak file. First job able to copy only half of .bak file (2.5 TB of backup) and second job stop the robocopy job. Second day, robocopy job only copy remaining 2.5 TB of backup? How does that work?

Please let me know if i am missing anything.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply