Copy Database Wizard

• General Question:

Is the copy database wizard only for use to move databases from previous versions of SQL Server to later versions?

I am having a some issues with copy wizard trying to execute 'sys.sp_procoption' there isnt alot of articles out there that have information on this stored procedure, but what articles I have come across about the Copy Database Wizard is that it is normally used to update older database versions.

• No, it should work on same versions as well but it can be flaky. What are you trying to do?

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• We are consolidating a couple of servers onto one computer, I have created a instance of SQL Server (2005 sp2, build 3068) on the new server and I am basically trying to find the easiest way to move all the databases over without being able to take the current production system offline.

I could do restores but I am working with 20+ databases, The error in full that I am getting is...

Description: ERROR : errorCode=-1073548784 description=Executing the query "EXEC sp_procoption N'[dbo].[smDEX_Build_Locks]', 'startup', '1' " failed with the following error: "The procedure 'sys.sp_procoption' cannot be executed within a transaction.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly. helpFile= helpContext=0 idofInterfaceWithError={8BDFE893-E9D8-4D23-9739-DA807BCDC2AC} StackTrace... The package execution fa... The step failed.

I have a proxy account that I am using to execute the SSIS package that is created by the wizard using my DB Admin, domain acct, credentials.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply