Copy data from one database to another

• One of our developers created a SSIS package that copies data from one database table on a 64-bit SQL server enterprise edition to a 64-bit SQL server standard edition. The job runs manually, but we are getting the below error when we try to run it through a scheduled job.

Executed as user: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE. ...00 for 64-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 6:00:00 AM Progress: 2008-05-28 06:00:02.64 Source: Data Flow Task Validating: 0% complete End Progress Error: 2008-05-28 06:00:02.88 Code: 0xC0202009 Source: My Client View Connection manager "SourceConnectionOLEDB" Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E21. End Error Error: 2008-05-28 06:00:02.89 Code: 0xC020801C Source: Data Flow Task Source - MY_CLIENT_VW [1] Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "SourceConnectionOLEDB" failed with error code 0xC0202009. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed. End Error Error: 2008-05-28 06:00:02.89 Cod... The package execution fa... The step failed.

• It looks like the package couldn't acquire a connection to the database specified in the source connection manager. The first thing that comes to mind is to check to see if the login which is running the job i.e. NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE has permission to access the data.

You should also check to see if there are any messages in the SQL Server log and you can enable logging in the package to capture more specific messages at runtime.

Greg

• This wasn't created through BIDS. Does anyone know how to turn on logging other than

1. open Integration Services project in BIDS

2. on SSIS menu, click logging

3. select a log provider in the Provider type list, and then click add

NT AUTHORITY/NETWORK SERVICE does have permissions.

• You'll have to make the change in BIDS. I suggest writing the log to a text file.

Greg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply