Copy a SQL 2000 table from one server to another

• Hi,

I am fairly new to this SQL stuff (have been given some servers to look after as I was the only one on-site who could spell "computer").

My set-up is this: two "live" servers, one of which receives a steady data feed via a radio link, the other is for running historical queries.

The data drips from the radio gateway into the first server (Server 2003 + SQL 2005), and every 10 minutes the archive machine pulls across the latest incoming events (Server 2003 + SQL 2000 + Business Objects).

I have a test installation of the archive server, which I put on-line yesterday for a few minutes to test some queries as an end-user. Unfortunately, I didn't stop the job on the archive machine that pulls across the live data every 10 mins. So now I have about 100 rows in my "event_history" table of the test server, that I need to get across to the same database and table on the live server.

Any help on how to do this would be greatly appreciated?

• You can use Linked server concept or a SSIS package to transfer your records from one server to other.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply