Converting rows into columns

•  

Hi All,

Here I have two tables with relations.

This is the query I wrote:

SELECT DISTINCT Address_1.Building AS Expr1, Address_1.City AS Expr2, Address_1.Id AS Expr3, Contact_1.Info

FROM Address AS Address_1 INNER JOIN Contact AS Contact_1 ON Address_1.Id = Contact_1.AddressId

Where Contact_1.AddressId = 8

and Iam getting the result like,

Expr1        Expr2        Expr3        Info address1     address2     address3     11111 address1     address2     address3     22222 address1     address2     address3     33333 

I want the info details in a single Row not in three rows (ike pivot)

Expr1        Expr2        Expr3        Info1   Info2  Info3 address1     address2     address3     11111   22222  33333 

This is the table structure.

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Contact]([AddressId] [bigint] NOT NULL,      [Id] [bigint] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [Info] [nvarchar](50) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL, [TypeId] [bigint] NOT NULL,CONSTRAINT [PK_Contact] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [Id] ASC)WITH (IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF) ON [PRIMARY]) ON [PRIMARY]

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Address]( [Building] [nvarchar](30) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL,  [City] [nvarchar](30) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL,  [Country] [nvarchar](30) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL, [Id] [bigint] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,[PartyId] [bigint] NOT NULL, [PostalCode] [bigint] NULL, [State] [nvarchar](30) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL,[Street] [nvarchar](30) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL,[Suburb] [nvarchar](20) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL,[TypeId] [bigint] NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT [PK_Address] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ([Id] ASC)WITH (IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF) ON [PRIMARY]) ON [PRIMARY]

Thanks

Naresh

• You are selecting DISTINCT over INFO columns. And that info is not equal for the same person and same building. That's why you get two rows for Contact 8.

N 56°04'39.16"
    E 12°55'05.25"

• If you are using SQL 2005 and explore PIVOT operator

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply