Converting Date/Time Format Using DTS

• Hello All,

I've started using SQL Server 2000, and my 1st task is to transfer my Access 97 Databases to it.

I have a table in Access which includes a Time field in the following format: HH:MM:SS (Long Time).

When I run through the DTS steps to import the data, and get to the end, an error message is returned:

Error at Destination for Row Number 1. Error encountered so far in this task : 1 Insert eror, column 6 ('Scheduled Start Time', DBTYPE_DBTIMESTAMP), status data overlow. Invalid Character Value For Cast Specification.

I think this has something to do with converting the date format, but I do not know how.

I do not have access to the upsizing wizard in Access.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Regards

• Are you usign the copy table method or an SQL Query in the Source tab of your Data Transformation step?  Would it make sense to store the start time and start date together in a timestamp?  If you have a start date that is...

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Use a DateTime String conversion for that field's transformation. In the properties for the transform you can then configure both the input format and the output format for the source and destination.

Kemp

• In DTS, on the Transformation tab, first highlight the line the connects the source and the destination field, then delete it.  Now create a New connection.  Select DateTime String.  When transformation Options comes up, click Properties.  Now change the source to match your source and then change the destination to the format that you want.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply