Consolidate data from branch offices to central database!

• [font="Verdana"]

Hi,

I am in need to consolidating data from branch office (nearly same database structure as of central database) into the central database (schema has some additional columns such as OFFICE IDs etc).

I had made a dynamic linked server T-SQL solution, which can also get involved schema changes dynamically (the change of database columns) and migrate the data. With T-SQL i had able to store reference of the migrated data to the original BRANCHES (Branch Identifiers, and the original IDs of transactional data etc).

But how SSIS can help me out to manage the same task specially the logic to enable the transactional data records of branch offices, new IDs with respect to central database. :doze: (i have gone through from the basic SSIS constructs and confident over their logic but. .....)

Also if the data transfer volume is high then the Staging mechanism will be helpful or to rely on SSIS memory management.

Many thanks![/font]

• Have you evaluated Merge Replication?

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• opc.three (7/21/2012)

Have you evaluated Merge Replication?

Merge would be far better than SSIS for this.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (7/21/2012)

opc.three (7/21/2012)

Have you evaluated Merge Replication?

Merge would be far better than SSIS for this.

yes, the performance impact is also a key driver!

But we have some other business requirement, as stated earlier, to add reference cols/data to original front offices data, is a must requirement, and all this process will be in batching mechanism, like batch at nights etc, but not the replication etc.

So should we use stagging tables/database in centralized DB? Data volume is expected to around 10K rows per batch which is not a big deal, but the related BLOB/LOB data is of much concern and that can lounge up to 10K * 4 image files of each 150KB on average.

Secondly any other recommendations are awaited 😀

Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply