Consistency Errors in table

• I've recently came across quite a few entries while checking my integrity check maintenance plan history:

Executing the query "DBCC CHECKDB WITH NO_INFOMSGS " failed with the following error:

Object ID 82377223, index ID 1, partition ID 634556544600111, alloc unit ID 492818852566 (type In-row data): Errors found in off-row data with ID 11223557 owned by data record identified by RID = (1:888:2)

... (thousands of these)...

and then received the following error msg after I executed

DBCC CHECKDB with no_infomsgs, all_errormsgs as suggested in another topic.

The query has exceeded the maximum number of error messages. Only the first 1000 messages will be displayed.

CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 3491 consistency errors in table 'tblAdDet_d1' (object ID 621175426).

CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 29 consistency errors in table 'tblDevDet' (object ID 787775561).

CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 4520 consistency errors in database 'dev_inv'.

repair_allow_data_loss is the minimum repair level for the errors found by DBCC CHECKDB (dev_inv).

Is really only repair_allow_data_loss is my only option?

What to do?

Thank you.

• Restore from backup is probably your preferred option if possible. I take it you have recent backups?

Carlton.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply