Connection Time out

• Hi All,

We have several SQL Servers. I am trying to connect one of the server from my local machine using SSMS. I can't able to connect to that server using the default connection timeout setting in SSMS. I am getting the error

Connection Timeout expired: The timeout  period elapsed while attempting to consume the pre-login handshake acknowledgement. This could be because the pre-log handshake failed or the server was unable to respond back in time. The duration spent while attempting to connect to this server was- pre-login initialization= , handshake=

I changed the timeout setting in ssms to 30 but still getting the same error but after changing to 60 it started working.  I can able to login to the remaining servers fine with default value. How to find the reason why this particular server has issue with default connection time out? This server has only 1 db with mirroring set up

I noticed for some servers as soon as I connect I should be able to run the queries but for some servers when I entering the command it is again trying to making the connection for that each query window. Why this is happening?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  ramana3327.
  • Are the ones you cannot connect to default instances using a non standard port?

If so you need to specify the port number in the connection.  SQL browser won’t help you here.

• This server is configured in mirroring (principal).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply