Connection String to Connect to SQL Server using a service account ( Windows authenticated ID ) from a Unix machine.

• Dear All,

Can someone help me to get the connect string ( JDBC ) to connect to a SQL server using a service account ID and password , from a Unix server? I have searched in internet and got how to pass the SQL authenticated ID and password... But the ID what I have is not an SQL Authentication, rather it is a windows authenticated ID and password..

If I do remote login to the Unix server using my personal ID , and if I use the connection string without any ID and password, then it will use my personal ID to connect to SQL sever, but what I need is to use the service account to connect to SQL server, and this service account does't have remote login permission to the Unix server.

Thanks & Regards,
    MC

• Integrated Authentication does not work like this in SQL Server. You cannot pass a Windows login and password in the connection string to authenticate in SQL Server.

Integrated Authentication uses the identity that is running the process that is establishing the connection to SQL Server to login. The application running on Unix would have to be running as your Windows login in order to use Integrated Authentication.

When you use "trusted connection=true" or "integrated security=sspi" in your connection string, it tells the driver to pass the Windows principal token to SQL Server for authentication. SQL Server then uses this token and negotiates with a domain controller to validate the token and the status of the identity in question.

Once validated, SQL uses the SID with the token to link to a SQL Server login and provide authorization. See this link for more info.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply