Connection pool problem SSM2008

• Hi All,

I have done some research on this, but have not yet found out how to fix it . In Sql Server manager 2008 i am getting the error :

timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occured because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.

from my research i have done the following :

I have checked sp_who2 and found i have 109 connections open over the last couple of days.

I have checked the admin tools and the "time that unused connections remain in the pool" setting is set to 60 seconds.

From what i have read I understand that this will mean that its most likely an application problem leaking connections!?

I can close the connections by shutting down SSMS 2008, but this is a pain in the *** to do everytime this happens.

i am not sure how i stop this as the only solutions i have found have applied to .net where you specifically close the connections in the code.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated

Thank you in advance

Matt

• In the Server properties - Connections you should put 0 and it means unlimited connections in Server!

Check it!

After changes you should restart your SQL services!

Let me know is everything ok!

Dugi

============================================================
    SELECT YOUR PROBLEM FROM SSC.com WHERE PROBLEM DESCRIPTION =
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/[/url]

• Thanks very much for taking the time to reply.

I have checked the properties in the server properties and the "maximum number of concurrent connections" is already set to 0.

Any ideas?

Even if i did change these settings, surely it should be closing the connections anyway rather than just allowing it to have an unlimited number?

Many thanks

Matt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply