Connection Manager Issue

• I have created and used an SSIS package a few times that contains an FTP task. I run the package using a DTEXEC command line script through VB. I recently opened the package in Visual Studio, only to find an error stating something to the effect that the connection manager didn't recognize connection type 'FTP'.

I have tried creating a new package and creating an FTP task, but when I attempt to create a new connection, I get a message stating Connection Manager 'FTP' is not properly installed.

Any thoughts or past experiences with this problem?

I've been doing some research and it seems there is a hotfix for this, but this is my work computer and I'm not sure about going ahead and installing that. If there are any other ideas that I could try first I would appreciate hearing them.

Warning: I'm still very 'young' in my programming experience.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

• FYI - I have found a solution for this through some online digging...I'm not sure what kind of side effects it may have(?).

I restarted the integration services to Logon as Local System instead of Network Service.

I can now open the package in design view and the FTP connection is recognized.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply