Connecting with SQLOLEDB

• Hello everyone,

Here is one to think about over the weekend. My developers are using ODBC and SQLOLEDB DSNs to connect from Cold Fusion Web pages to SQL Server. When using ODBC, they can connect and get results back from stored procedures that they executed. However, when using SQLOLEDB, they can sometimes connect, but they can never get the results back from the stored procedures. Have any of you ever experienced this problem, and are any solutions available?

We would like to use SQLOLEDB if possible for performance reasons, but it looks like we're going to have to use ODBC for all of our Web apps that use stored procedures.

Thanks,

Jason

• Not familiar with CF - but maybe a couple ideas. One would be to write a quick vb app just to test the connection and execution - rule out any machine specific driver, permission, whatever type problems. The other would be to see if you're using the same network lib for both types of connections. Are you using the latest MDAC?

Andy

• Hi Andy,

FYI - We are using TCP/IP as the default connection on all servers and workstations. Also we have MDAC 2.6 SP1 installed on our servers.

Jason

• I think your best bet is to look at CF resources, maybe their site or a newsgroup. I use OLEDB regularly from VB/VBS without issue, so I would guess that its in the CF/OLEDB interaction. Certainly you could look at what you're doing in code and use OLEDB for dynamic sql, ODBC for procs! Sorry I cant help more than that.

Andy

• Thanks for your help Andy. I along with the developers suspected it had to do with the CF / OLEDB interaction. It's a new version of CF, and they have reported some problems using other items with the new version. Our main CF developer is doing the research into the CF / OLEDB interaction. I'll let you know what we find out. Once again, thanks for your help!

Jason

• No problem at all. Definitely let us know what the resolution turns out to be, Im sure you wont be the only one to have the same issue!

Andy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply