connecting SQL Server 2000 to Oracle 10g RAC

• Guys,

is it possible to connecting SQL Server 2000 to Oracle 10g RAC?

I've tried, but it was failed. The error message was: error 7399 or unexpected error.

Usually, I connect SQL sever 2000 to Oracle 9i. Every day, my server connect to oracle using packages(DTS). But, when I try it on 10g, it was failed. I suspect the the driver(Microsoft OLEDB for Oracle)is not supporting anymore? Is there anyway to connect both server?

And, I already set up for new linked server for that 10g. But it didn't connect either. The error message ocuured when I try to view the tables or view (that exists on 10g).

Thx for ur any solutions..

• I connect from sql server 2000 to 10G daily and is supported. Please provide the error and sql that produces the error. Are you using linked or remote servers?

• Thanks God it's supported..

I'm using linked server to connect. I guess there something wrong in my server setting.

I think there's nothing wrong in sql syntax, just the connection. I've tried the syntax in 10g and it works fine so far.

Here is the message error:

Error 7399: OLE DB Provider 'MSDAORA' reported an error.

OLE DB error trace [OLE DB Provider 'MSDAORA' IDBinitialize: Initialize returned 0x80004005:   ].

I got this error message from enterprise manager - linked server when i tried to view the table.

thx

• Please provide the output from the entry in sysservers and the tnsnames.ora entry.

• I just got that exact issue resolved.  I was running my jobs (enterprise manager) which included queries against linked Oracle server using MSDAORA. It was running just fine. All of a sudden I started getting the 7399 error.   After way too much troublshooting time, I just got my connection back by changing from the Microsoft OLEDB(MSDAORA) to an Oracle's (ORAOLEDB) placed it in the provider string of my linked server. Oracle just doesn't play well with others.

• Hi,

I have this problem at moment.  What do you mean when you say you placed "ORAOLEDB" in the provider string?

I've installed Oracle's Instant Client on my SQL box, and Oracle's ODBC, so I was expecting to be able to reference some sort of Oracle-supplied provider name in the "General" tab of linked servers, but there's nothing there like that.

Any chance you could explaint in a bit more detail how you solved this problem?

Cheers!

• I had the same problem, with SQL Server 2000 and Oracle 10g r2.

I installed Microsoft Office Acces 2003, and now it's working.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply