Connect to Oracle Database failing

• I'm been working with PL/SQL in the past, but am new to SQL 2005 and SSIS packages. I'm trying to read an Oracle table and insert rows into SQL 2005. After entering my command in the OLE DB Source editor and click preview, and everything works fine. When I try to execute the Data flow, I keep getting an OLE DB connection error.

I've tried editing the connection string associated to my entry for the Oracle server, but everytime I add 'pwd=xxx', SQL2005 removes it.

Thanks for your help,

Curt

The error message I'm receiving is:

ora-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

I've also tried to edit the connection for the database thru connection manager, but it does not want to save the password I provide.

• I've seen some other posts where people are having issues with SQL Server to Oracle connectivity. In some places I've read that the DBA got things working in DEV, but had PROD issues, but no details on how it worked in DEV. In my environment I have a mix of 32 and 64 bit servers and had issues bring data back and forth between the two platforms. I've given up for now because of other higher priority tasks, but one of our other DBAs did get the Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant for Oracle working. However, we could not get it running everywhere we wanted to use it and we definitely had 32 and 64 bit client issues. We still don't know the exact configuration to reproduce a working installation.

• If the MSSQL is on a 64bit server and the Oracle client is 32 bit then the connection will not work. Had this problem before and because I could not get a 64 bit client my only way out was to migrate to a 32 bit server. Now it is running without any problems.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply