Connect to IBM DB2 Database using SSIS - char datatype issues

• Hi All,

I am using SSIS 2008 to connect to the source -DB2 database table (DB2 8.4 or DB2. 9.7) and load data into target -sql server 2008.

DB2 table has character fields/columns with the datatype - Char (for example char(30),char(25) etc.)

however, when i connect to this table from SSIS, using IBM DB2 OLE DB Provider(From IBM, not Microsoft provider for DB2), the OLE DB Source is detecting the field datatype as Unicode or DT_WSTR instead of NonUnicode or DT_STR datatype... As a result i had to use a data conversion transformation to convert data from DT_WSTR to DT_STR and then load the data into target (My target should only have DT_STR or varchar datatype columns - this can't be changed)

Is it the default behavour of the OLE DB Provider (detection of character datatype)? If so, can i change settings of this provider or SSIS etc.?

Please help me with your valuable suggestions...

Thanks,

Ganga

• Hello,

please have a look at this article which should solve your problem:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v8/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.doc/ad/r0011324.htm

We will also try to use "IBM OLEDB for DB2 provider" because for "Microsoft OLEDB for DB2 provider" we have not found a similiar configuration file, where you can change the default from nvarchar to varchar.

Where did you get your IBM driver from?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply