Connect to AWS

• Hi All,

I am completely new to AWS and i'm having trouble getting SSIS to connect to the ODBC driver.

I have set up the "Amazon Redshift (x64) driver in the ODBC "System DSN"  window and that connects fine.

I have connected SSMS to the driver via a linked server using the provider "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers" and that connects fine.

But I cannot figure out which connection manager type in SSIS I should be using? I have searched the usual places, but I am coming up short with an answer.

I have tried to use ODBC and followed the below guide for the connection string but I don't think that is right.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/redshift/latest/mgmt/configure-odbc-connection.html

If anybody can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks

• Gespam wrote:

I have set up the "Amazon Redshift (x64) driver in the ODBC "System DSN"  window and that connects fine.

Ok

Gespam wrote:

I have connected SSMS to the driver via a linked server using the provider "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers" and that connects fine.

If that actually does work it would be a surprise.  Why not directly use the System DSN you already set up?

Gespam wrote:

But I cannot figure out which connection manager type in SSIS I should be using? I have searched the usual places, but I am coming up short with an answer.

I have tried to use ODBC and followed the below guide for the connection string but I don't think that is right.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/redshift/latest/mgmt/configure-odbc-connection.html

If anybody can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks

According the document: "Amazon Redshift displays the ODBC URL for your cluster in the Amazon Redshift console." So that console will supposedly display the ODBC connection string.  I'm not too familiar with SSIS, it's been a few years, but somewhere it should allow you to specify ODBC parameters for a connection or the entire string.  If you have to specify parameters then they would be embedded in the connection string from the AWS console, no?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  Steve Collins. Reason: added the word 'directly'

Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply