Connect to 4D via OLE db or ODBC

• I have a 4D database I'd like to connect up with SQL Server 2005 via ODBC/OLE db.

Has anyone done this before? I would think using a linked server in SQL 2005 may be the right approach. What sort of drivers are available to make the connection?

Many thanks in advance for any information/experience you may provide.

jhh

• i used my Google-Fu on "linked server 4D database" and "4d database ODBC driver", thinking that should get what you need

this link seemed to have an example of creating a linked server, but the poster said it's untested:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.inug-4d.tech/101605

but i didn't find anything recent at all, and no true examples, just lots of posts requesting a linked server, but none with a working example.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply