Connect Adventureworks DB to Visual Studio 2012

• Hi,
    I've tried various ways of connecting the Adventureworks DB to Visual Studio 2012. 
    Can anyone provide a step by step on how to do this or post a link to a good video?
    Thanks.

• Oscar_Boots - Saturday, November 17, 2018 2:47 AM

Hi,
    I've tried various ways of connecting the Adventureworks DB to Visual Studio 2012. 
    Can anyone provide a step by step on how to do this or post a link to a good video?
    Thanks.

We will need versions, locations, authentication methods etc., no way of helping you without the essential information. Describe your environment in full details please.
    😎

• Thanks Eirikur,
    I
     have Windows 7 as an O/s, using SQL Server 2012 with Adventureworks 2008R2 but can download whatever version works.
    Does that help?
    If you need anything else, please let me know.
    Thanks Peter

• Oscar_Boots - Saturday, November 17, 2018 2:56 AM

Thanks Eirikur,
    I
     have Windows 7 as an O/s, using SQL Server 2012 with Adventureworks 2008R2 but can download whatever version works.
    Does that help?
    If you need anything else, please let me know.
    Thanks Peter

Recommend that you use the 2012 version of AdventureWorks, several changes between the versions.
    The next thing to do if the server is on your local machine, is to add you user account as an administrator to the SQL Server instance, then point to the instance and use Windows authentication.
    😎

• Thanks again,

Re the info about User account as administrator, do you anything with a step by step approach to do this?

.....to add you user account as an administrator to the SQL Server instance, then point to the instance and use Windows authentication.

Thanks

• Oscar_Boots - Saturday, November 17, 2018 7:56 PM

Thanks again,

Re the info about User account as administrator, do you anything with a step by step approach to do this?

.....to add you user account as an administrator to the SQL Server instance, then point to the instance and use Windows authentication.

Thanks

Google is your friend here, if you're unsuccessful, ping back.
    😎

• I've already been all over the internet, the info I've found bypasses the actual connection part which is why I'm on the forum. 
    If you can't help or don't know, that's fine but my question asks for any sources of info or a step by step instruction.
    Has anyone out there seen a video or instruction to connect Adventureworks to Visual Studio?
    Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply