Configuring SSRS 2012 with IIS 7.5

• Good day, I have installed 2012 Dev Ed SP1 on my personal laptop, after two years, I thought I would better pay a visit to other sections of MSSQL and yesterday I started using SSRS and read couple of blogs and then opened SSRS Configuration manager to configure the RS, and there I notice that I cannot get the URL (web service and report manager) to work. When I click the URL, the link tries to open in IE and then it gives the below error.

Reporting Services Error

The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key that is used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content. (rsReportServerDisabled) Get Online Help

Keyset does not exist (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80090016)

SQL Server Reporting Services

I have taken all the screen (each and every possible) shots of the Sql server installation at that time, I just referred to it and in the configuring Reporting Services I have selected "Install Only" (file mode) not "native mode".

Apart from that I have installed SSDT 2012 with VS for developing BI tools, there I can manage and create the SSRS project, view data and all.

And the I have Installed Sql Server 2014 Ex Ed (with Adv Services), followed by SQL SSMS 2016 (not server), all these components are working but I have a feeling if the SSRS 2012 is messed up with the additional installation or possibly I might have configuring it wrongly.

Any advice/ work-around steps to fix this.?

Thank you.

ww; Raghu
    --
    The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.

• I just tried this step, from the "Encryption Keys" section in the SSRS Configuration manager, I deleted all the files under "Delete Encrypted Content". Now again when I try the Web Service URL or Report Manager URL, I get the following error message on the page.

Reporting Services Error

The permissions granted to user 'Domain\user' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied) Get Online Help

SQL Server Reporting Services

ww; Raghu
    --
    The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.

• This is the solution:

1. (refer to the Jin Chen's reply in the post):

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/7f477018-aa14-4db0-8989-ce763b122a2a/sql-server-express-2008-reporting-services-rsaccessdenied-error?forum=sqlreportingservices

2.(followed by) Configure a Native Mode Report Server for Local Administration (SSRS):

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb630430.aspx

3. (related)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5651245/can-not-access-report-manager-url-in-reporting-services-configuration-manager

I followed the steps from 1 and 2 and it works all fine.

ww; Raghu
    --

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply