configuring reporting services email

• I have been using reporting services for a while now.  But have never gotten the email functionality to work via subscriptions.

The machine is acting as stand alone, web and db for reporting services.  I have outlook installed and configured on this machine.  I can send test emails that work, directly from outlook.  I have configured sql to use this for alerts, and have successfully tested this as well.  However, the subscriptions simply never send an email.  There must be a step that i am missing.  I can see the new guid named jobs as i create new subscriptions.  I have verified that i have the correct information in the subscription.  And i force them to be single shots within a few minutes, and sit and wait.  I watch the job execute, and complete successfully.  Yet no email ever comes.  I have altered the information in the subscription multiple times to include alternate values... but....

So, i must be missing a step.  Something easy.  Anyone know what i am missing?  or have any ideas to troubleshoot this?

thanks in advance.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• What values do you have configured in your rsreportserver.config file?  Take a look at 'Configuring a Report Server for E-Mail Delivery' in the RS BOL for more info on the settings.

Out of interest, although BOL doesn't state it, there must be defaults in place, as the only value I have set in mine is

<SMTPServer>mailhost.mydomain.com.au</SMTPServer>

so things like port (normally 25 for smtp) must be defaulted even though there are no values for them in the config file.

Sooo, try setting your smtp server in the config and see if this helps.

Cheers,

Steve.

• once it is configured, with defaults, is there a way to test it and see what, if anything, is failing?

I create a subscription, give it a time, sit and watch, and see that the job fires off successfully, but i never get the email....

• you should check your logs.  If you type in Log Files in the RS BOL, you should get an entry for Reporting Services log Files and a sub entry for 'Checking Reporting Services Log Files'.

Steve.

• Can Reporting Services be configured to lookup email addresses that exists in Outlook as opposed to having to manually enter every email address that you would like to add?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply