Configuration Manager exception

• Hi

When I run the SQL Server Configuration Manager (in administrator mode) and click on "SQL Server Services", in the right-hand pane I get a red cross and the message "The server threw an exception. [0x80010105]"

I'm running SQL 2008 R2 Developer edition on Windows 7 Ultimate.

It's not a massive problem, just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and whether they managed to solve it? Or even what the error code means?

Thanks,

Duncan

• I think they had that issue with SQL Server 2008 in Windows 7 but fixed it in SP1. You might try loading the latest CU for SQL Server 2008 R2 and it might fix it.

Shawn Melton
    Twitter: @wsmelton
    Blog: wsmelton.github.com
    Github: wsmelton

• MeltonDBA (8/12/2010)

I think they had that issue with SQL Server 2008 in Windows 7 but fixed it in SP1. You might try loading the latest CU for SQL Server 2008 R2 and it might fix it.

Thanks Shawn. I took your advice and installed the Cumulative Update from here which has upgraded my build to 10.50.1720, but has not fixed the problem.

I guess I have to wait for Cumulative Update 3?

Duncan

• Sadly I only had Standard Edition on my Windows 7 so I have not tried installing SQL 2008 R2. If you have exausted Bing/Google and can't find anything you can try posting the issue on Microsoft Connect (http://connect.microsoft.com/sqlserver). If you detail it on there, Microsoft will try to duplicate it and then if they can then they will issue a hotfix for it.

Be sure to include the build and service pack level of your Windows 7. Which do you have Windows 7 current?

Shawn Melton
    Twitter: @wsmelton
    Blog: wsmelton.github.com
    Github: wsmelton

• MeltonDBA (8/13/2010)

Sadly I only had Standard Edition on my Windows 7 so I have not tried installing SQL 2008 R2. If you have exausted Bing/Google and can't find anything you can try posting the issue on Microsoft Connect (http://connect.microsoft.com/sqlserver). If you detail it on there, Microsoft will try to duplicate it and then if they can then they will issue a hotfix for it.

Be sure to include the build and service pack level of your Windows 7. Which do you have Windows 7 current?

Thanks Shawn. I've done as you suggested and posted my first ever item to Microsoft Connect! My Windows 7 build is 7600 in case that means anything to you.

Duncan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply