Conditionally Enable/disable drill-down

• Hi

Is it possible to conditionally enable or disable drill down on a tablix (in 2008) at run time.

For example.....

I have a tablix that drills down from Region to Location.

I want the drill-down to be available for only certain users, so.....

If user A runs the report, I want the drill-down available.

If user B runs it, then the drill-down isn't available and no (+/- icon shown).

Is this possible?

Thanks

Col

• You can use UserID parameter which will store DOMAIN\UserID. Now get UserID from this parameter value and use SWITCH expression in Group Hierachy as per requirement.

• Hari,

Can you please provide an example for the same.

Raunak J

• Thanks for the response, Hari

Identifying the user part isn't the problem.

The problem is how to enable/disable the drill-down dynamically and show/hide the +/- toggles appropriately.

I have worked around this, probably in the normal manner, by having 2 different tablix, one with drill-down and one without. These are hidden or visible depending on the user.

This works perfectly but I'm still interested to know wther it's possible to do this with only one tablix

Col

• What about authenticating the users about their permissions as we have in SSAS.

I'm not sure about the similar feature in SSRS. The reports cannot have User authentication on page level.

I believe a methodology such as Authenticate User --> Show Report that meets the rights should be used

Raunak J

• Identifying the user is NOT the problem

• colin.counse (10/7/2010)

Identifying the user is NOT the problem

That is the easier part of the case but I would still suggest you get an additional advice on the solution you have proposed. It doesn't looks concrete to me.:unsure:

Raunak J

• Solution works perfectly, thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply