Conditional Split 1 1 1 1

• i have the following code in my conditional split

((TRIM(INV_SECTYPE_COD) == "70")) && ((TRIM(INV_SECTYPE_COD) == "71")) && ((TRIM(INV_SECTYPE_COD) == "72")) && ((TRIM(INV_SECTYPE_COD) == "73")) && ((TRIM(INV_SECTYPE_COD) == "74")) && ((TRIM(INV_SECTYPE_COD) == "75"))

[\code]

it doesnt seem to be working. not going into the Derived Column i expect it to when it find these. the number are def in there so it should hit the derived column but wont.

any ideas why

• ronan.healy (6/27/2014)

i have the following code in my conditional split

((TRIM(INV_SECTYPE_COD) == "70")) && ((TRIM(INV_SECTYPE_COD) == "71")) && ((TRIM(INV_SECTYPE_COD) == "72")) && ((TRIM(INV_SECTYPE_COD) == "73")) && ((TRIM(INV_SECTYPE_COD) == "74")) && ((TRIM(INV_SECTYPE_COD) == "75"))

[\code]

it doesnt seem to be working. not going into the Derived Column i expect it to when it find these. the number are def in there so it should hit the derived column but wont.

any ideas why

INV_SECTYPE_COD cannot simultaneously be all of those values and therefore the test will always fail. Perhaps you intended to use OR (||) rather than AND (&&)?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• o my god i cant believe i didnt sopt that

thanks

• can anyone see anything wrong with this

(FINDSTRING(UPPER(AttributeNames),"Future Notional",1) > 0) && ((TRIM(INV_SECTYPE_COD) == "75"))

• ronan.healy (6/27/2014)

can anyone see anything wrong with this

(FINDSTRING(UPPER(AttributeNames),"Future Notional",1) > 0) && ((TRIM(INV_SECTYPE_COD) == "75"))

You're not having a good day are you? 🙂

If you are converting your input string to uppercase, you should probably also convert your search string:

(FINDSTRING(UPPER(AttributeNames),"FUTURE NOTIONAL",1) > 0) && ((TRIM(INV_SECTYPE_COD) == "75")

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• no im having a shocking day. when i saw your first post i felt like an idot now i did it twice i might as well give up.

Thanks again

• Do not give up! we have all had days like that (oh boy, have I...)

Just step back, take a deep breath, think about something really pleasant for a few minutes (time with family, favorite vacation spot....) and reconvene fresh.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply