Concerned sorting of active threads may be causing some items to get missed...

• Just realized that the Active Topics output is sorted by forum then last post. I personally sometimes only look at the first few and think that many folks may not even scan to the next page before they leave. This might cause a high number of unanswered questions in some of the later forums due to the sort. Should be sortable by last post date without forum, especially since the forum names are not fully qualified. This is pertient to General especially since the forum topic General appears under both Programming and SQL Server, if I am sorting I would like to see those primary topic names in addition to the sub topic.

Thanks

• I agree. I think I metioned this sometime before ???? Forgetting things now a days ... I would like to display the Active Topics as described above.

Also, while we are at it, if I change "From Last Visit" to "Last 12 hours" (I also wish there was 1, 2, 4, 6 hrs. selectability), then navigate to one of the post's, then IE "Back", I get "Page Expired", I can then hit refresh, I get some IE "blah blah blah [Retry] [Cancel]" dialog. I select [Retry], and the page resfreshes with the "current" setting selections. Can this "feature" be fixed?

Thanks

Little by Little you're getting everyone satisfied

Once you understand the BITs, all the pieces come together

• I'll kick those around with Steve. Adding additional intervals is easy enough. On the sort...I guess either just change it or add a different sort option. On the old page it was forums, topics, thus the current state.

• I could swear the old Active Threads listed them in reverse cronological order. Then again it might be me just not paying attention, or just plain short term memory thing

Thanks in advance if you can change it.

Once you understand the BITs, all the pieces come together

• The old system grouped by forum, then listed threads by reverse datetime of the last post. We'll get there since I keep bugging Andy as well. I depend on this list.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply