Complete Incompleteness

• Stuff like this makes me think I'm missing something, and wonder if I know what I'm doing. The data got loaded, the Control Flow shows green, yet the data flow destination is still yellow? Anybody seen this before? No errors, no warnings, output shows the rows written successfully.

I guess I can assume it will work, regardless of the colors. Right?

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• I had one not that long ago where I clicked run and waited and waited and waited. nothing happened no color change no error no nothing. I thought that's odd. So I clicked play again. "Can't insert duplicate row" it says. OK again odd. Lickily I have SSIS Loggin enables so I shoot over and run the report. SSIS has already run. OK so I check all the processes in the report yup rows are trasferred as if it ran. HUH! never saw a think change. I contiplated I was day dreaming and missed it but who really knows.

Dan

If only I could snap my figures and have all the correct indexes apear and the buffer clean and.... Start day dream here.

• I think one should not put too much faith in the SSIS GUI 😀

To really test your package, run it from the command line with DTEXEC. If it finishes OK (check the logging) and everything is done as it should be, you can safely assume that the package can run on a server.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (4/18/2011)

I think one should not put too much faith in the SSIS GUI 😀

To really test your package, run it from the command line with DTEXEC. If it finishes OK (check the logging) and everything is done as it should be, you can safely assume that the package can run on a server.

In multiple task packages the OLE DB task will load the data to SQL Server even if the task fails. I would check destination data and run the package in debug mode in BIDs and check the execution info.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• I have also occassionally seen the colors not turn as expected but everything is okay. Not even sure it's an SSIS issue, but the only way to check to to see if you have the desired result.

• I've seen the colours not updating correctly, specaily with loading of gig of data at a time. Its only the colours thats wrong nothing else.

• chris.stuart (4/20/2011)

I've seen the colours not updating correctly, specaily with loading of gig of data at a time. Its only the colours thats wrong nothing else.

When you have lots of data going around in multiple data flow tasks at the same time, it is possible that the GUI stops working all together (colors and rows processed), when you switch from one dataflow to another.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• When you have lots of data going around in multiple data flow tasks at the same time, it is possible that the GUI stops working all together (colors and rows processed), when you switch from one dataflow to another.

correct 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply