compatibility problem Win7

• In your orignial post you wrote "When I want to open some form, the same error message appier.". So, not all forms have this problem, just some?

What is the difference between those having the problem and those who don't?

• Every form that concern an event has this problem.

If a form is without event than is opened properly, but I have practically everywhere OnLoad event...or another type of event

• peter478 (5/24/2012)

Here are my references...

I didnt change references, they were set default.

Could be a problem with code pages setting in windows7 ? ...I am just thinking

...my access app e.g.(pp.adp) were created in czech version of access...but it works in WinXP so I dont know ...

When I create a new empty ADP I have a reference to Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library rather than the 2.1 version you have. Also you have a reference that is unchecked that is called Interface DLL to access data in MS Access from Activ... - have you tried checking that to see if it makes a difference. One or both of those DLLs may not be compatible with Windows 7 as they are quite old.

Wendell

Evergreen, CO

Wendell
    Colorful Colorado
    You can't see the view if you don't climb the mountain!

• WendellB (5/25/2012)

peter478 (5/24/2012)

Here are my references...

I didnt change references, they were set default.

Could be a problem with code pages setting in windows7 ? ...I am just thinking

...my access app e.g.(pp.adp) were created in czech version of access...but it works in WinXP so I dont know ...

When I create a new empty ADP I have a reference to Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library rather than the 2.1 version you have. Also you have a reference that is unchecked that is called Interface DLL to access data in MS Access from Activ... - have you tried checking that to see if it makes a difference. One or both of those DLLs may not be compatible with Windows 7 as they are quite old.

Wendell

Evergreen, CO

Yes I checked this Interface DLL ... but the same error...is it possible to download/install Active X dataobject 2.5 to access?

• I've tested several combinations of OS and Access, and with the ADP format I always get the 2.5 version. Unfortunately I don't have SQL Server 2000 to test against, so I can't exactly replicate your situation. Have you scrolled down the list of references so see if the 2.5 version shows there? It is alphabetical, so it will be pretty close to the top of the ones that start Microsoft....

Wendell
    Colorful Colorado
    You can't see the view if you don't climb the mountain!

• WendellB (5/25/2012)

I've tested several combinations of OS and Access, and with the ADP format I always get the 2.5 version. Unfortunately I don't have SQL Server 2000 to test against, so I can't exactly replicate your situation. Have you scrolled down the list of references so see if the 2.5 version shows there? It is alphabetical, so it will be pretty close to the top of the ones that start Microsoft....

Yes I have found 2.5 version , but always the same error...at weekend I will try to install SQL2005 and I will see if it help ...

• I have not installed SQL2005 or higher ...but I find new think ...I have problem also with mdb files, that are not connected to SQL server. The same error message appiers, when I want to open a form.

• Hello ,

I am posting you an example of problematic mdb file, with the same error like before.

This error message is on all my mdb, adp files, that I tried to run under win7 with ms access 2007.

Thanks for you help

• Ok, got the same error as you described. I try to find some time to track it down.

• Have you checked this?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907337/en-us?fr=1

Compare the language settings on the system where you created the database with your Windows 7 system. Looking at some of the entries in the system tables this could be the reason. Example "Nesúvisiace objekty". This accented characters pointed me in this direction.

• Not yet, tomorow Im going to check it.

Thank you for advice!

• YES, the problem was just in Unicode settings in Win7, so easy!

It seems that it works fine without problem.

Thanks again for your advice!

Here is the guide:

Method 1: Verify the non-Unicode language

If you are running the VBA code on a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer or on a Windows 2000-based computer, you may be able to resolve this issue by changing the non-Unicode language setting on the computer where you are running the VBA code. To verify and to change the non-Unicode language setting, follow these steps.

Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.

Click Start, click Run, type Intl.cpl, and then click OK.Under Language for non-Unicode programs on the Advanced tab, verify that the language matches the language on the computer on which you created the event handler, the function, or the subroutine. If the language differs, click the language that you want, and then click OK.

Restart the computer.

• Hi,

Great! Thanks for posting the final solution here! Just to complete this thread, find attached a screen shot showing how you get to the system tables in MS Access 2007.

Cheers René

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply