Comparing Data from files

• We are using SQL 2008.

We receive a files from different clients throughout the year.

These files contain at a minimum , company name and address. Not state or zip code

What I need to do is find a tool that will compare the file's content, company name, address and any other information, against our database.

Right now, I have several queries,

one compares on tax id if it is provided,

another compares on DUNs (Dun and Bradstreet)number if provided,

another compare on exact match of company name that was provided in the file.

and the last compares on left 'n' characters of the company name provided.

All of the comparisons happen against our database.

I need to find a tool that automates this process.

In other words, I want a user from out company to upload the file and then the "Tool" will run the comparisons and produce an output file.

1.) are there any tools out there that will do what I have out lined and the lest expensive the better.

2.) I am not well versed on SSIS if that is one of the suggestion.

Thanks for all the help.

Gary

• GF (5/12/2015)

We are using SQL 2008.

We receive a files from different clients throughout the year.

These files contain at a minimum , company name and address. Not state or zip code

What I need to do is find a tool that will compare the file's content, company name, address and any other information, against our database.

Right now, I have several queries,

one compares on tax id if it is provided,

another compares on DUNs (Dun and Bradstreet)number if provided,

another compare on exact match of company name that was provided in the file.

and the last compares on left 'n' characters of the company name provided.

All of the comparisons happen against our database.

I need to find a tool that automates this process.

In other words, I want a user from out company to upload the file and then the "Tool" will run the comparisons and produce an output file.

1.) are there any tools out there that will do what I have out lined and the lest expensive the better.

2.) I am not well versed on SSIS if that is one of the suggestion.

Thanks for all the help.

Gary

I am not aware of any tools but I would suggest, create an SSIS package which will store these files into the Database and then compare the data.

You can easily create such SSIS package to load files, compare and generate new file. It will work as an automated process only.

AP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply