Column/Line Chart - need a right hand side Y axis

• I have developed a report that includes a Column/Line chart, but I can't find out how (or even if it's possible) to create a right hand side y-axis with it's own scale.

I know this is possible in Excel (the chart type in Excel is Line - Column on 2 axes), and I believe it's possible if we purchase the Dundas addin for charts in SSRS, but if there is a way to accomplish this without extra software and just using SSRS, I would love to find out.

We are using Reporting Services 2005 if that's significant.

Thanks.

• Did you get a reply for this?

• No, sorry, I didn't get a reply and I didn't find a workaround either. I have a feeling it's not achievable unless you have the Dundas Chart add-in, which we don't. I had to talk to my client and they understood, so I kind of gave up on it, but if you have anything new to add I'd still love to hear it.

• I can't find a way to do it either. As you said, I don't think it exists. If I ever find a way, I'll let you know.

• try the below. if you understand something, let me know:

http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?s=1b8c72f77426570c4095a6b7cbeab903&t=44628

• Yup, I understand that because I'm assuming in Access there is a similar chart type to the ones in Excel, and Excel does offer two y axes on a chart.

In Excel, if you go to the Chart Wizard, then click on the Custom Types tab, you can select a chart type of Line - Column on 2 Axes

This is the type of chart I was looking for in SSRS, but unfortunately it isn't part of the inbuilt chart tool.

A bit of a bummer that you can do it in Access, but not in Reporting Services unless you buy a custom chart tool.

Cheers.

• Just for information, we bought Dundas not just for this purpose but it was one of the reasons. Not sure if Dundas is now part of SSRS but you might want to check this out on SSRS2008 because Microsoft now own it.

Nigel West
    UK

• i have the similar kind of report. i didn't find any in built chart with this kind in ssrs.

one option is that we can show one column values with one type (bars) and one column values with another type (Lines).

But these values will be drawn as per only one y-axis (left side) values.

1.To get like this we have to drop two colums in the "Drop data fields here "coum1, column2

2.right click on dropped colum2-->Properties-->Appearence Tab--> select the "Plot Data as Line" check box--->ok

Else

we have to take two reports for colum1 chart ,column 2 chart and need to overlap one each other by making column2 chart as transperent.

make the column2 report chart y-axis as right hand side and sort the x-axis values as desc or asc to get correctly as column1 chart x-axis

• You will find your answer on this link:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1507389.aspx/1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply