Collation Issue in MSDB.

• Dear All,

I am trying to implement Log shipment monitoring mail with an automated process on Primary server with a stored procedure,

However I am facing a following error on it :

Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Line 6
    Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AI" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.

On Further Investigating, i found that collation of MSDB database on Secondary server is different from that of Primary server. The collation of MSDB database on Secondary Server is "Latin1_General_CI_AI"

The query is below :

SELECT p.primary_server,p.primary_database, s.secondary_server,
    s.secondary_database, p.last_backup_file, p.backup_threshold,
    p.last_backup_date, s.last_restored_file, s.restore_threshold, s.last_restored_date,
    s.last_restored_latency
    FROM [WIN-54LA5NP2I65\PRIMARYSQL].msdb.dbo.log_shipping_monitor_primary p INNER JOIN [WIN02\SECONDARYSQL].msdb.dbo.log_shipping_monitor_secondary s
    ON p.primary_server = s.primary_server and p.primary_database = s.primary_database

Note : WIN-54LA5NP2I65\PRIMARYSQL is Primary Server and WIN02\SECONDARYSQL is Secondary Server.

Any help on resolving this issue would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Adil

• Add the collate clause to the join to force a collation, something like
    SELECT p.primary_server,p.primary_database, s.secondary_server,
    s.secondary_database, p.last_backup_file, p.backup_threshold,
    p.last_backup_date, s.last_restored_file, s.restore_threshold, s.last_restored_date,
    s.last_restored_latency
    FROM [WIN-54LA5NP2I65\PRIMARYSQL].msdb.dbo.log_shipping_monitor_primary p INNER JOIN [WIN02\SECONDARYSQL].msdb.dbo.log_shipping_monitor_secondary s
    ON p.primary_server = s.primary_server COLLATE database_default and p.primary_database = s.primary_database COLLATE database_default

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply