Collation error when adding DB user

• Hi everyone,

I' having a problem with a SQL2K server. the server was originally installed with the default ANSI collation. Later it was changed and now the default server collation is SQL_Latin1_general_CP850_CI_AS.

The problem now appear that every time I try to add a DB_user in EM I get an error

"Error 446: Cannot resolve collation conflict from equal to operation".

When I go to EM>Security>logins and give database access to the login it works fine. Also executing sp_grantdbaccess works without a problem. Any ideas how to get rid of this error. What does this errormessage actually mean ???

[font="Verdana"]Markus Bohse[/font]

• Did you receive this error message by tring to add new login or grant existing login to access database?

What is your database collation?

• I get the error when trying to grant access to the database for an existing login. But anyhow the error appears imediately after selecting "Add new user", so I don't even get to see the list with logins.

The database collation is the same as the server default. The error appears on all databases, whether they did exist before the collation change or being created afterwards.

• Did you get this error from EM in the machine your SQL Server installed? Can you try to use EM from another machine? Any service pack for SQL Server?

• The problem is the same, no matter if I use EM on the server or any client workstation. SP3 is installed.

I also tried to create a new database using the "old" collation (code page 1252), but I get the same message.

• What is your TEMPDB collation? It should be same as your server collation.

Edited by - Allen_Cui on 05/12/2003 08:48:51 AM

• Yes it is. All database have SQL_Latin_CP850_CI_AS, except for the test database I created.

• What is the Model database setting?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply