Cluster

• IF the Cluster IP address resource is offline and I try to take any of the resources offline or online in the command line I get an RPC serever not available error. Is this the right behavour..

Jesus My Saviour

• I don't know definitively, but it seems to me that this behaviour is not right.

If you move the Cluster Resource between nodes, the cluster IP number is going to be offline during the transition. Yet you can still admin the cluster during the transition.

Why is your cluster IP offline? If you can't get it online, this would strike me as a severe problem that I would escalate immediately. I assume you've tried a "cold start" of the entire cluster (i.e. shut down both nodes; then start one, which will attempt to sieze the quorum assuming that the other nodes are dead).

• The Scenario is like this

Group 1 = Cluster Group

Resources = Cluster IP address, Cluster Name, Quorum disk.

Group 2 = Disk Group

Resources = DISK E, DISK F

Now if I bring the Cluster Group offline..I cannot bring any of the resources offline or online with in the command line. Eg: cluster clusterN GROUP "Disk Group" /offline

I am able to make the operation using the cluster administrator.

Is there a work around or is this the way it works.

levi

Jesus My Saviour

• So you are starting up your cluster and the Cluster IP Resource is not online?

Is that Cluster IP in use elsewhere?

This is a 2 node cluster? I assume there are other groups for the other cluster node?

What do Event Logs show?

What does Cluster log show?

• That is the way it works. The Cluster Group should be online all times.

JM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply