Cloud Native

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Cloud Native

• Already moved.  It has been a bit of a journey.

As with many IT innovations phase one is trying to do what you are doing today with new equipment and not realising that new equipment allows radically different approaches.

We are moving more to serverless applications, SaaS and PaaS.  Serverless apps offer the greatest flexibility but getting the boundaries and interactions right is a challenge.  The number of DBA roles has decreased but not necessarily the number of people.  Some DBAs want to continue to pursue the career of a DBA, others have decided that a broader data engineering role is their future.

Multi-cloud tenancy is also emerging.  Not 100% convinced by that although Google Anthos seems to be paving the way.

• Wow, can I ask how long a journey and #people/apps? This would make a great series of articles if you have time.

• We're doing it piecemeal. Right now it's being investigated by IT, in small ways. Some databases are there; some networking and dabbling with Azure AD. I tried, unsuccessfully, to get a Web API into Azure App Services to work. But I ran into problems. We don't have the resources to help me resolve the issue. I'd really like to get back to that!

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply