CleanupCycleMinutes in ReportServer config file

• Hi,

I have read that the CleanupCycleMinutes property in report server config file is equivalent to session timeout and depending on this value report server periodically clears the user sessions from the SessionData table in report server tempdb. The default value of CleanupCycleMinutes is 10 minutes.

However, I don't see that the session cleanup is happening after every 10 mins. It happens much leasurely, most of the times much after the 10 mins as given in the config file.

Does it depends on the usage or do we have any control on this operation?

• Sachin Vaidya (9/28/2010)

Hi,

I have read that the CleanupCycleMinutes property in report server config file is equivalent to session timeout and depending on this value report server periodically clears the user sessions from the SessionData table in report server tempdb. The default value of CleanupCycleMinutes is 10 minutes.

However, I don't see that the session cleanup is happening after every 10 mins. It happens much leasurely, most of the times much after the 10 mins as given in the config file.

Does it depends on the usage or do we have any control on this operation?

Session timeout happens when system is idle for specified limit...there ust be a process executing which actually makes the wait period longer than usual

Raunak J

• Thanks a lot!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply