Child Package Reports Failure to Parent, but no tasks fail within the child...

• Does anybody have any experience with this issue. Basically, within the parent package I am referencing a child package. In the parent package I am evaluating an expression for which values have already been set for in the control flow of the parent package. If the source files are less than x amount of days old, the constraint expression will evaluate to false, and it will skip the child package and continue on with the control flow.

The issue I am having, is when the expression evaluates to true, and the child execute package task runs. The thing that is confusing me, is all objects within the child package execute successfully (turn green), however the execute package tasks on the control flow of the parent package reports failure (turns red). No errors are logged on the progress tab either. I've tried to even set FailPackageOnFailure to False and FailParentOnFailure to False (just as a test), and the Execute Package Task is still turning red and stopping the progress of the parent package. If I run the child package by itself, no errors, all is well.

The expression for the blue constraint is: @[User::bit_LinkFileExists] == false && @[User::bit_LotFileExists] == false && @[User::bit_VehicleFileExists] == false

and it's obviously a Logical And. This is the expression for the logical OR (Green Dotted): @[User::bit_LinkFileExists] == true && @[User::bit_LotFileExists] == true && @[User::bit_VehicleFileExists] == true

My apologies for the blurry screen shots, ill get those cleaned up.

Here are my variables:

Here is a screenshot of the Parent:

Here is a screenshot of the Child:

• Is something mentioned in the output window?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply