Changing ScriptLanguage to Microsoft Visual C# 2017

• Hello

I'm just wondering how this works

I have a package that I've upgraded from 2008 by adding it to a brand new project and following the upgrade path

This seems to work fine

One thing I have noticed is that the scripts all convert to Microsft Visual C# 2015 (I either edit script properties and see Script Language or literally edit the code and look at the comments)

If I add a new package to the project - again 2015

Yet, if I cretae an entirely new project with a new package and add a script its 2017

If I look in Tools -> Options -> Business Intelligence Designs -> Integration Services Designs it's set to Microsoft Visual C# 2017

Where does the 2015 come from?

Thanks

- Damian

• I've just been having dig around in a test script task and can find no way of changing this, despite changing references, targeted .NET framework and almost every other thing I could think of.

Is this just an annoyance, or is it creating issues for you?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• there is a way - I'll need to dig trough my c# code to find it.

basically a c# that loads the package, loops through the scripts and recreates them using the desired framework.

in some cases, not all, changing the dtsx manually also works

• I think it might be tied to the Deployment Target Version.  In the menu, select Project / Properties.  Check the TargetServerVersion property, that relates to the script language used.

• Thanks for the responses

@Phil - it's not creating issues. More curious/concerned

The reason I went to VS2017 was down to a bug in 2015 that just wiped the script and variables passed for any c#script tasks

My concern here is, if this is coming up as 2015 will it cause the same problem. At first glance, it looks ok i.e. the code is ok

This is the first of a large number of packages that I am upgrading so I just wanted to get it right

Odd that I can create a new solution and it's c# 2017

@chris-2, I checked that previously and it's set to 2017 so that looks ok

If there's no obvious answer i'll just monitor it

Again, that's for the responses everybody

- Damian

• Regarding the bug ... is that the one where you hit 'Edit Script' only to find that you are presented with a blank script? I've seen that in 2017 too (though not recently) and thankfully was able to retrieve my un-eviscerated package from source control.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• It is Phil. Apparently it was a bug in 2017 (read somewhere) and a patch fixed it. It wasn't fixed in 2015. I have the latest 2017 version and it seems to be ok

- Damian

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply